At present, Kodi is considered to be the most powerful platform which allows you to stream Movies, TV shows, Sports, Music and much more. You can also watch Live TV on Kodi. Are you new to Kodi??? Here we go. If you are already familiar with Kodi you can skip this introduction part and directly move to the solutions.
Kodi is an open source media player software. It can be used to manage all your media files in one place. However, you can’t use the content directly, instead, you have to download it and import it into Kodi. This is done with the help of Add-ons. Add-ons act as portals through which one can stream content on Kodi.
Kodi supports almost all platforms including macOS, Linux, Android, iOS and Windows and much more. This is because of its wide range of content and it provides these contents free of charge. Apart from this, the other side of Kodi, that is its UI. It provides the freedom to customize the UI. There are a lot of Kodi skins and Kodi builds, which gives you a new look and experience to use Kodi.
With an open source platform like Kodi along with tons of third-party add-ons, it is common to have some error. There are few types of error like ‘Check log for more information’, ‘One or more items failed to play’, ‘Playback failed kodi error‘ and there is a few more on the list. Of these the most common one is the ‘Playback Failed’ error. It occurs in a situation where the video stops working, it means either it freezes, there may be a lag or it turns into a black screen.
How to Fix the Playback Error on Kodi
This fix solution is suited for ‘Playback Failed’, ‘Check log for more information’, ‘One or more items failed to play’, ‘Failed with Error Code’.
1. Clear Cache Maintenance
Whenever you use an addon, they start to store files for the later reference. These files are called cache files. In order to clear the cache using this method, we need to first install an Addon named as Raw Maintenance.
- Click the Settings gear icon at the top left of the home page.
- Go to File Manager.
- Select Add Source File.
- Add source file tab will pop-up, select none.
- They this URL: http://solved.no-issue.is/ and select Ok.
- Enter a name for the file, for instance, name it as solution.
- Go to the home page and Select Add-ons. >> Select the Package Installer icon.
- Select Install for zip file.
- Click on the source file name.
- Select the repository.rawmaintenance.zip.
- Now select Install from repository.
- Select Raw Maintenance >> Install.
After installing the Addon, go back to the home page and select Program Add-ons >> Raw Maintenance >> Clear Cache and Purge Packages.
2. Clearing the Database Files
If your database files are outdated, it may also be a reason for the error. Clearing this outdated files might work for you. For this, you need to get rid of the database file on your device. It is easier than you think. Let’s see how to do that.
- Launch Kodi and Select Setting gear icon at the top left.
- Go to File Manager.
- Now Select Profile Directory option.
- Select Database and search for Addons.db.
- Right-click and select Delete.
- If you are using Window PC, then in the search bar, type %Appdata and launch Kodi. Then go to User data >> database >> Addon.db >> Delete.
These two methods are more than enough to fix the Playback Failed error. Hope this information will be useful. If you have any issues with the methods or any feedback, kindly comment below.