Kodi is considered to be one of the most powerful and widely used platforms which allows you to stream Movies, TV shows, Sports, Music and much more. You can also watch Live TV on Kodi. Are you new to Kodi??? Here we go. If you are already a Kodi user you can skip this introduction part and directly move to the solutions.
Kodi is an open source media player software. It can be used to manage all your media files in one place. As you can’t use the content directly, you need to download it and import it into Kodi. This is done with the help of Add-ons. Add-ons are like portals through which one can stream content on Kodi.
Kodi is compatible with almost all platforms including macOS, Linux, Android, iOS and Windows and much more. This is because of its wide range of content and it provides these contents free of charge. Apart from this, Kodi has the other side too, that is its UI. It provides the freedom to customize the UI. There are a lot of Kodi skins and Kodi builds, which gives you a new look and experience to use Kodi.
With an open source platform like Kodi along with tons of third-party add-ons, it is common to have some error. Some common error are ‘Check log for more information’, ‘One or more items failed to play’, ‘Playback failed Kodi error‘ and there is a few more on the list. Among these, the most common one is the ‘Playback Failed’ error. This error occurs in a situation where the video stops working, it means either it freezes, there may be a lag or it turns into a black screen.
How to Fix the Playback Error on Kodi
This fix solution is suited for ‘Playback Failed’, ‘Check log for more information’, ‘One or more items failed to play’, ‘Failed with Error Code’.
1. Clear Cache Maintenance
Whenever we use an addon, they start to store files for the later reference. These files are called cache files. For clearing cache, we need to first install an Addon named as Raw Maintenance.
- Click on the Settings gear icon at the top left of the home page.
- Go to File Manager.
- Select Add Source File.
- Add source file tab will pop-up, select none.
- They this URL: http://solved.no-issue.is/ and select Ok.
- Enter a source file name, for instance, name it as solution.
- Go to the home page and Select Add-ons. >> Select the Package Installer icon.
- Select Install for zip file.
- Click on the source file name.
- Select the repository.rawmaintenance.zip.
- Now select Install from repository.
- Select Raw Maintenance >> Install.
After installing the Addon, go back to the home page and select Program Add-ons >> Raw Maintenance >> Clear Cache and Purge Packages.
2. Clearing the Database Files
If the database files are outdated, it may also be a reason for this error. Clearing these outdated files might work for you. For this, you need to get rid of the database file on your device. It is easier than you think. Let’s see how to do that.
- Launch Kodi and Click on the Setting gear icon at the top left.
- Go to File Manager.
- Now Select Profile Directory option.
- Select Database and search for Addons.db.
- Right-click and select Delete.
- If you are using Kodi on Window PC, then in the search bar, type %Appdata and launch Kodi. Now go to User data >> database >> Addon.db >> Delete.
The above two methods are more than enough to fix the Playback Failed error. Hope this information will be useful. If you have any issues with the methods or any feedback, kindly comment below.